Changing Lives Every Day
Changing lives every day is the hallmark of our nursing profession. For this reason, we chose this as the theme for the 2017 nursing annual report. Our stories profile the impact nurses are making in advancing patient care and service across The University of Kansas Health System. Every day, our nurses make personal connections with their patients.
We are excited to celebrate our accomplishments from last year with you. This is also an opportunity to renew our purpose for choosing nursing as our profession so we may continue changing lives every day.
Fiscal year 2017 by the numbers
- More than 3,000 nurses on staff
- More than 1,000 nurses hold more than 1,200 national certifications
- 90% of direct-care nurses have BSN or higher degrees
- 100% of nursing leadership has BSN or higher degrees
- Nearly 55,000 inpatient discharges and 1.6 million outpatient encounters
- Nearly 54,000 emergency visits