Everyone at The University of Kansas Health System is part of a team with one goal – providing the best care for our patients. Custodial workers help keep our facilities and patient rooms clean and safe.
We welcome your experience as a housekeeper, janitor or custodian.
- A desire to make a positive difference
- Applicants must be able to read and speak English
- These jobs require physical activity
- Related experience helpful, but not necessary
Many of these benefits are prorated for part-time employees.
- Paid time off. Start accumulating as soon as you start working.
- 8 paid holidays a year.
- Tuition assistance – gain skills for a promotion while you work.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- On bus line.
- Purchasing Power – a program to buy name-brand computers, electronics, furniture and more through payroll deduction.
- Retirement savings – to help you save for your future.
- Flexible spending accounts – to help you save money on childcare and medical expenses.
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
Your job matters
You don't have to be a nurse or physician to make a difference to patients. Everyone at our hospital is important, and it shows. Here are some actual comments from our patients.
- "My housekeeper, Marie, did an excellent job. She played a big part in making me comfortable during my stay."
- "Everyone from the housekeepers to the doctors were just great! Everyone seemed to be there to do their job and enjoyed what they did."
- "Thank all of my team from the bottom of my heart – my nurses, aides, doctors, cleaning staff and meal delivery staff worked so hard to care for me."
- "All of your employees who attended to my needs or provided me with care were exceptional. I was so pleased with them that I wouldn't want to be at any other hospital."
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.