The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis. We offer more options for patients with serious conditions because of our expertise and leadership in medical research and education.
Above the Line
The Above the Line Supplier Performance Program was developed to enhance the safety of our patients, visitors and staff and to ensure a more professional and consistent relationship with our vendors.
Above the Line Supplier Performance Program
The Above the Line Supplier Performance Program identifies vendors and companies that exceed expectations for interacting with The University of Kansas Hospital. Qualifying vendors are formally recognized as preferred vendors. They receive preferred access to product reviews, resources and priority when the hospital is researching products. The hospital considers these companies primary sources for new products. It offers these suppliers the opportunity to provide initial bids on new technology and savings initiatives. Participation is not required.
Minimum requirements to qualify for the Above the Line program:
- Policy and procedure compliance
- New technology evaluation partnership
- Pricing competitiveness (0.25 or better)
- Customer service performance
Above the Line status is reviewed quarterly (or as needed). To apply for Above the Line, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select vendors may also apply for a higher tier of recognition and partnership, called Above the Line 2.0. To qualify, they must meet the basic requirements of Above the Line and be ready to work more closely with The University of Kansas Hospital. The primary aim of Above the Line 2.0 is to develop partnerships with large, multi-divisional suppliers. The hospital determines which organizations may apply for Above the Line 2.0.
This program provides Above the Line 2.0 companies:
- Custom sales models with streamlined interaction with company representatives
- Balanced scorecard – aligned goals for financial and clinical improvements
- Master terms and conditions across multiple divisions
- Long-term contracts with price protection
- Growth incentives
- Clinical pathways/education/process improvement – program development
Hospital leadership will work with internal stakeholders to identify suppliers best aligned with our strategy, culture and clinical practices. Once a company has entered into the planning stages for Above the Line 2.0, a more structured relationship is considered. At this stage, the hospital provides the supplier:
- Access to more detailed clinical/financial data
- Access and support with senior management and clinical leadership
- Agreed upon methodology to address and correct competitive activity
- Prioritization in new product request workflows
- Goal alignment: Supplier and provider
These agreements are assessed quarterly, and clinical, administrative and executive champions conduct business reviews.
- Sign in or register
Current vendors can sign in to their accounts and new vendors can register.
- Vendor registration FAQ
Download this PDF to learn more about our registration process, how fees are assessed, our partner Vendormate® and other registration information.
- Tech support
If you have problems signing in or registering, contact Vendormate by e-mail.
Above the Line Vendor Program Information and Resources