2016 Nursing Annual Report: Exceptional Nursing
Every day, more than 2,500 nurses at The University of Kansas Health System create exceptional experiences for the patients we are privileged to serve. Their efforts are fueled by a passionate commitment to families in our communities and an unwavering desire to achieve the highest levels of excellence in patient care.
Our nurses are a driving force behind our quality initiatives. They initiate important new research studies and provide critical insight to collaborative decision making to elevate patient care.
We are proud to recognize their outstanding leadership and dedication to their profession, while also supporting our vision to lead the nation in caring, healing, teaching and discovering. This year's annual report theme is Exceptional Nursing. The stories featured highlight the lives we have helped change, the milestones we have reached and the outcomes some would have never thought possible.
Fiscal year 2016 by the numbers
- More than 2,500 nurses on staff
- More than 880 nurses hold more than 1,000 national certifications
- 83% of direct-care nurses have BSN or higher degrees
- 100% of nursing leadership has BSN or higher degrees
- More than 55,000 inpatient discharges and 1.3 million outpatient encounters
- More than 25,000 surgical procedures performed
- Nearly 54,000 emergency visits