The University of Kansas Health System offers primary care services for men, women, children and adolescents. Our comprehensive team includes more than 120 board-certified physicians, advanced practice nurse providers and physician assistants. Primary care services are available at 11 community locations in the greater Kansas City area. Our services include:
- Annual and routine screenings
- Mental health screenings
- Physicals, including sports physicals, annual physicals and well-woman exams
- Referrals to the region’s leading subspecialists
- Prescriptions and labs
- Sick appointments
- Subspecialized primary care
- Treatments for common illnesses
- Referrals to the region's leading subspecialists
Why choose us for your primary care
- We accept most health insurance plans.
- We are one of only 18 nationally recognized Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) regions. CPC+ is a national advanced primary care medical home model that aims to strengthen primary care through regionally based multipayer payment reform and care delivery transformation.
- We offer locations within communities throughout the Kansas City metro.
- We provide streamlined referrals to subspecialists.
- We provide urgent care services and are part of the region’s only nationally verified Level I Trauma Center.
Putting patients at the forefront of care
As a patient-centered medical home, we seek to strengthen the physician-patient relationship with comprehensive, coordinated care. Our goal is to develop and maintain a long-term, healing relationship with each of our patients.
Our areas of expertise
This type of care focuses on whole-person care, including preventative care, routine health screenings, treatment for chronic conditions and acute problems, minor surgical procedures and more. Family medicine specialists will see people of all ages.
This type of care uses a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to meeting the healthcare needs and treatment of older adults. Our geriatric medicine team includes professionals trained in nursing, social work, clinical pharmacy, and physical and occupational therapy.
- Internal medicine
- Pediatric medicine
Trust your care to one of the nation’s best hospitals
Are you a current patient? Schedule your next appointment through MyChart.