Above-the-Line-Supplier Performance Program
The Above-the-Line-Supplier Performance Program identifies vendors and companies that exceed expectations for interacting with The University of Kansas Health System. Qualifying vendors are formally recognized as preferred vendors. They receive preferred access to product reviews, resources and priority when the health system is researching products. We consider these companies primary sources for new products. The program offers these suppliers the opportunity to provide initial bids on new technology and savings initiatives. Participation is not required.
Minimum requirements to qualify for the Above-the-Line-Supplier Performance Program
- Policy and procedure compliance
- New technology evaluation partnership
- Pricing competitiveness (0.25 or better)
- Customer service performance
Above-the-Line status is reviewed quarterly (or as needed). To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select vendors may also apply for a higher tier of recognition and partnership, called Above the Line 2.0. To qualify, they must meet the basic requirements of Above-the-Line status and be ready to work more closely with The University of Kansas Health System. The primary aim of Above the Line 2.0 is to develop partnerships with large, multidivisional suppliers. The health system determines which organizations may apply for Above the Line 2.0.
Above the Line 2.0 benefits
- Custom sales models with streamlined interaction with company representatives
- Balanced scorecard – aligned goals for financial and clinical improvements
- Master terms and conditions across multiple divisions
- Long-term contracts with price protection
- Growth incentives
- Clinical pathways/education/process improvement – program development
Health system leadership will work with internal stakeholders to identify suppliers best aligned with our strategy, culture and clinical practices. Once a company has entered into the planning stages for Above the Line 2.0, a more structured relationship is considered. At this stage, the health system provides the supplier:
- Access to more detailed clinical/financial data
- Access and support with senior management and clinical leadership
- Agreed-upon methodology to address and correct competitive activity
- Prioritization in new product request workflows
- Goal alignment: supplier and provider
These agreements are assessed quarterly, and clinical, administrative and executive champions conduct business reviews.
Your Above-the-Line account
Use the links below to access your Above-the-Line account or to contact technical support regarding access difficulties.