MyChart gives users secure online access to portions of their electronic medical record.

Secure online access to your medical information

  • Ask your care team a question
  • See your health information
  • Request a prescription refill
  • View MyChart from your smartphone

With MyChart, you have access to view your medications, immunizations, allergies and health summary. 

Medical records

How to get your record

The best way to access your records is via MyChart, where you can see much of your information anytime it's convenient for you. If you aren't signed up, simply visit MyChart and select Sign Up Now on the right side of the page. Or, ask your care team to help you sign up the next time you visit.

If you need more than what's available on MyChart, we're happy to provide you with a copy of your medical record for follow-up care, insurance purposes or your own use. If you need your medical record for follow-up care or for another physician, please complete the Patient/Personal Representative Request for Health Information. If you need your medical record sent to someone else, such as a physician or insurance company, please submit a completed Authorization for Release of Confidential Information form with the date the records are needed.

To return your form, select one of the following:

  • Email your completed form to
  • Fax your form to 913-588-2495
  • Mail or bring a completed authorization form to:

    The University of Kansas Health System
    Health Information Management Department
    5799 Broadmoor, Suite 200
    Mission, KS 66202

8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday

Emergency or after hours
913-588-2454, Option 1

Kansas birth certificates and death certificates

The University of Kansas Health System cannot provide birth or death certificates. These documents must be ordered from the State of Kansas.

Please click here to learn more.