Patient, Family and Visitor Guides
At The University of Kansas Health System, the region's premier academic medical center, we are dedicated to providing excellent service and compassionate, high-quality healthcare.
Whether you're a patient or a visitor, we want to make your experience with us a positive one. And we want to make it easy for you to find the information, people and locations you're looking for. We want to help, whether your questions are about finding a doctor, maps and directions, parking, lodging, visiting hours, how to prepare for admission, billing, wellness programs, or finding a convenient healthcare resource because you're new to the neighborhood.
Find information about your bill, including payment options and frequently asked questions.
Patient privacy practices
Learn how The University of Kansas Health System works to ensure your medical information remains private.
Securely view parts of your medical record, ask your care team questions or schedule an e-visit.
Your comfort is important to us. Our comprehensive patient guide will help you fully prepare for your visit, whether it's a routine appointment or a complex procedure and hospital stay.
We understand the importance of family and friends to the healing process, which is why we want to make your visiting experience as easy and pleasant as possible.
Conveniences on our main campus
- ATM: ATMs are located near the main hospital cafeteria and in the lobby of the Orthopedics and Medical Pavilion.
- Hair and nail salon: Open to patients and visitors, Salon Rx is located across from the cafeteria on the main hospital's ground floor. To make an appointment or ask about in-room services, call 913-588-2518. Salon hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, or by request.
- Internet services: Wireless internet services are available throughout our main campus. Use the wireless connection labeled "Internet."
- Interpreter services: Professional interpreters are available in person or over the phone to help patients who use sign language or speak a language other than English. Arrangements for this service may be made through nurses or physicians.
- Newspapers: Machines are in the main hospital lobby.
- Notary public: Free notary services are available weekdays in Admissions (913-588-5807), off the hospital's main lobby, and in Patient Relations (913-588-1290), near the hospital's main entrance.
- Pharmacy: Our pharmacy locations fill prescriptions and offer over-the-counter medications. Be sure to fill your prescriptions before you leave.
- Cambridge Tower A
- Level 1: 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Main hospital lobby
- Weekdays: 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Weekends: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Holidays: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (except Christmas and New Year's Day)
- Cambridge Tower A
- Public restrooms: On our main campus, bathrooms are located on each floor of the main hospital, Center for Advanced Heart Care, Orthopedics and Medical Pavilion and Cambridge Tower A. For the health of our patients, visitors should not use patient bathrooms.
Tobacco use on campus
Support services and resources
We are dedicated to helping you through your hospital stay and preparing you to return home.
Drug safety resources
When it comes to prescription drug safety, you are the most important person on your healthcare team.
Helping patients overcome language barriers and communicate effectively with staff.