November 11, 2020
Kansas City, Kan. — We continue to work to bring you more, better and easier tools for helping to manage your health and the health of your loved ones. MyChart now offers these convenient features:
- Expanded cost estimates. We’ve grown our cost estimation tool to include 230 additional services and procedures. Use this function to estimate the cost of upcoming care and understand your insurance coverage. In MyChart on your computer, hover over Billing and choose Estimates. In the mobile app, tap Estimates.
- Online visit questionnaires and a previsit guide. Use these tools to prepare in advance of scheduled appointments. We’ve standardized our primary care previsit questionnaires so you can complete them ahead of time from the comfort of home. You’ll find these available 7 days ahead of any scheduled adult or pediatric primary care visit for both new and returning patients.
- Financial assistance. You can complete financial assistance documentation in MyChart. Under Billing, choose Financial Assistance. Follow the prompts to add proof of income, expenses, assets and other information necessary to complete the process to receive financial help with healthcare bills.
- Additional procedures for which you can self-schedule. In MyChart on your computer, hover over Appointments and Visits and choose Schedule an Appointment. In the mobile app, tap Appointments and then Schedule an Appointment. Of course, you are always welcome to call 913-588-1227 for assistance with scheduling, and we’ll continue to work to expand self-scheduling opportunities.
- Open notes. For many visits, your provider’s clinical notes will be available in MyChart. Review these for a reminder of the care you received. Clinical notes will become visible after your provider signs the document in your electronic medical record. To find them in MyChart on your computer, hover over Visits and choose Appointments and Visits. Scroll to past visits. The link to notes, if available, will appear under the visit date. In the mobile app, tap Appointments and scroll to the past visit. The link to notes, if available, will appear under the visit date.
- Obtain access to a child’s MyChart account. Parents or guardians of minors can now request access to the minor’s MyChart account electronically. Under Messaging, choose Request Access to a Minor’s Chart and complete the form to begin the process. Minors age 14-17 may choose to give a parent or guardian full access to their MyChart account by following the prompts under Health and Share My Record.
Don’t have a MyChart account? Sign up now to create one.