Billing for Integrative Medicine
Please note the following prior to scheduling an appointment:
- Alternative medicine services, such as those offered in Integrative Health, are NOT covered under most traditional health insurance plans, including Medicaid and Medicare.
- Alternative medicine physicians use alphabet codes for services, not the numerical codes used by conventional physicians. These alphabet codes are not usually recognized by insurance companies. This means it is highly unlikely that insurance companies will reimburse for these services. But we suggest that you submit your charge sheet to your insurance for possible reimbursement. We do not file insurance claims on behalf of patients.
- Please know that changing the alternative medicine coding into conventional coding when submitting a claim to an insurance company is considered fraud.
- Physicians and staff cannot answer any insurance coverage questions or become involved in any type of dispute with your insurance company. They also cannot write "medical necessity letters."
- Payment of cash, check or credit card is due at time of service.
- Blood work billing is normally run through your insurance and you are responsible for providing the lab with your recent insurance information. You are also responsible for knowing how your plan will cover the costs and cost of your deductible.