Education and Training
We invite community physicians to attend accredited programs presented by multidisciplinary specialists of The University of Kansas Health System. You will have an opportunity to learn about the latest medical advances and techniques from some of the same physicians who helped develop them.
For details about upcoming classes, or to schedule a continuing education program in your community, contact physician relations at 913-588-5862 or toll-free 877-588-5862.
Continuing medical education
KU Medical Center Continuing Medical Education
The KU Medical Center Continuing Education & Professional Development is Kansas' leading provider of nationally accredited educational programs directly related to the top practice concerns of physicians. With more than a century of pioneering leadership in continuing medical education, our focus remains on progressing medical knowledge to improve practice performance, patient outcomes and inter-professional healthcare delivery.
KU Medical Center Area Health Education Center
The KU Medical Center Area Health Education Center enhances the quality and accessibility of healthcare services in Kansas through partnerships with communities, healthcare professionals and organizations, educational institutions and other interested individuals and agencies.
- American Heart Association Training Center
- All healthcare workers have a responsibility to provide quality patient care before, during and after resuscitation. That requires retention of resuscitation standards and skills long after the class has ended.
- Heart Failure New Facilitator Training
- This is an initiative to improve quality of life for people with heart failure and to reduce hospitalizations and readmissions for this population. Consider becoming a facilitator of this leading-edge educational program.
- Intensive Education Program on Managing Sepsis
- An intensive educational program on identifying and managing sepsis across the care continuum, the STOP Sepsis program brings together professionals from nursing homes, EMS settings and hospitals for training on an integrated approach to sepsis management.
To learn more about upcoming educational opportunities, contact physician relations at 913-588-5862 or toll-free 877-588-5862.