We greatly appreciate our dedicated volunteer workforce. But to promote social distancing and keep our patients, staff and volunteers safe and healthy, we have halted all in-person volunteer activities at our locations indefinitely. For information about how to get involved as a specialized clinical volunteer, please see below.
To show our appreciation for volunteering your time and talents, you'll receive:
- Free garage parking close to the hospital entrance
Volunteers often find the greatest rewards are the people they meet and the friendships they forge.
As a valued member of our team, you'll work alongside highly trained health care professionals. To help ensure the work is fulfilling and rewarding, we'll match your skills and interests with the needs of the hospital.
- Vaccination clinic volunteers
How to volunteer
To become a volunteer, we require:
- Minimum commitment of 24 hours per week for 4 weeks
- Completed volunteer application
- Copy of current Kansas licensure, LPN, RN, NP, PA, MD, DO
- A blood test to check for TB and immunity of childhood diseases (provided free of charge)
- Hospital orientation and training
To receive additional volunteer information, please call Volunteer Services, 913-588-6560.
You can also download and print our volunteer application:
You need Adobe Reader® for this form. You can download it for free from Adobe.
Send your completed form to:The University of Kansas Hospital
Volunteer Services Department, MS 1021
4000 Cambridge Street
Kansas City, KS 66160
You can also send your completed form by email.