To show our appreciation for volunteering your time and talents, you'll receive:
- Free garage parking close to the hospital entrance
- Complimentary cafeteria meal provided upon completion of a 4-hour shift
- Free annual flu shot
- Volunteer appreciation luncheon
Volunteers often find the greatest rewards are the people they meet and the friendships they forge.
As a valued member of our team, you'll work alongside highly trained health care professionals. To help ensure the work is fulfilling and rewarding, we'll match your skills and interests with the needs of the hospital.
- Clerical volunteers
- Delivery volunteers – deliver patient mail, packages and flowers
- Gift shop volunteers
- Pastoral care volunteers – visit patients and support their spiritual needs
- PathFinder volunteers – escort visitors to their destinations
- Pets for Life/Pet Partners volunteers
- Reach Out and Read volunteers
- Offsite volunteering opportunities at patient care locations throughout the community. For details, please check the volunteer application.
How to volunteer
To become a volunteer, we require:
- Minimum commitment of 4 hours per week for 6 months
- Completed volunteer application
- Personal interview
- One completed personal reference form
- A blood test to check for TB and immunity of childhood diseases (provided free of charge)
- Hospital orientation and training
- Purchase a uniform for $20
To receive additional volunteer information, please call Volunteer Services, 913-588-6560.
You can also download and print our volunteer application:
You need Adobe Reader® for this form. You can download it for free from Adobe.
Send your completed application and reference forms to:The University of Kansas Hospital
Volunteer Services Department, MS 1021
4000 Cambridge Street
Kansas City, KS 66160
You can also send your completed form by email.