Make a difference in the lives of our patients by volunteering. We offer a variety of ways to volunteer at The University of Kansas Health System.
As a valued member of our team, you'll work alongside highly trained health care professionals. To help ensure the work is fulfilling and rewarding, we'll match your skills and interests with the needs of the hospital.
- Clerical volunteers
- Delivery volunteers deliver patient mail, packages and flowers
- High school summer volunteers – applications reopen January 2023
- Pastoral care volunteers visit patients and support their spiritual needs
- PathFinder volunteers escort visitors to their destinations
- Patient liaisons assist patients and staff within our care areas
- Pets for Life/Pet Partners volunteers
- Offsite volunteering opportunities at patient care locations throughout the community. For details, please check the volunteer application.
To show our appreciation for volunteering your time and talents, you'll receive:
- Free garage parking close to the hospital entrance
- Complimentary cafeteria meal provided upon completion of your volunteer shift
- Branded health system shirt to wear during your volunteer shift
- Volunteer appreciation luncheon
Volunteers often find the greatest rewards are the people they meet and the friendships they forge.
How to volunteer
To become a volunteer, we require:
- COVID-19 vaccine
- Flu shot
- Minimum commitment of 3 hours per week for 6 months
- Completed volunteer application
- Personal interview
- A blood test to check for TB and immunity of childhood diseases (provided free of charge)
- Hospital orientation and training
To receive additional volunteer information, please call Volunteer Services, 913-588-6560.