A healthy and nutritious recipe.
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken breast
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1-2 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 Tbsp. capers*
- 2-4 Tbsp. mayonnaise (olive oil or avocado oil-based)
- Salt or Herbamare and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves (green, red leaf or romaine), rinsed and patted dry
- Place all ingredients, except lettuce leaves, into a bowl and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a few scoops of chicken salad onto a large piece of lettuce. Repeat until you are out of chicken salad. You can also use the salad to top a bed of mixed greens. Either way it is delicious.
- Store leftover salad in the fridge for about 3 days.
Recipe from "Nourishing Meals" by Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre MS, CN