4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise into strips
1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 -3/4 cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans
1/4 tsp. sea salt
Coconut oil, for frying
Shredded/toasted coconut *Optional, for garnish
- Cover the bottom of the pan in coconut oil (3-4 Tbsp.). The amount of oil you use will depend on the size of the skillet.
- Melt coconut oil in skillet over medium heat. Desired temperature will be on medium-high heat, around 375 degrees F.
- Mix coconut flour, chopped nuts, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Dip chicken strips into eggs and coat with coconut flour mixture. Repeat until all chicken fingers are breaded.
- Test your first chicken strip in heated coconut oil. The chicken should turn golden brown and be completely done in 4-6 minutes. If the chicken fried too quickly, adjust heat and test another piece. Turn chicken fingers half way through cooking.
- Sprinkle with shredded, toasted coconut, if desired.
Serve hot with a side homemade dipping sauce. Enjoy!