Mashed cauliflower is a welcome, detoxifying change from our typical mashed potatoes. Serve with roast chicken or turkey and cranberry relish for a holiday meal any time of the year.
1.5 lbs cauliflower (one head is perfect)
1-2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 to 1/3 cup Vegenaise or mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/3 tsp. salt or Herbamare
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring medium to large pot of water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and garlic.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- In a food processor, process cauliflower, garlic, Vegenaise (or mayonnaise), salt (or Herbamare) until creamy.
- Season with pepper, if desired
Recipe adapted from the Washburn Culinary Institute – Fall 2006 Culinary Cook Shop for the American Dietetic Association Food and Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group