2 cups flax meal
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
3/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
5-7 drops liquid stevia or 1 Tbsp. natural sweetener (maple syrup, honey, etc.)
5 eggs, whisked
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flax meal, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together agave, eggs, water and olive oil.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, mix well, and let stand for 2-3 minutes to allow the batter to thicken.
- Pour batter into an 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean or crust springs back to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool.
Banana bread adaption
Make with 1 small mashed banana whipped together with only 4 eggs and other wet ingredients.
Use half the oil, and add 1 heaping Tbsp. of plain Greek yogurt.
Bake in a loaf pan using parchment paper in a 350 degree F oven for about 35 minutes.