The University of Kansas Health System offers complete dental care for adults. Our team of dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, office staff and collaborating providers works together to provide routine and advanced dentistry services in the following areas:
- General dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Preoperative care
- Co-management of diseases, including blood and organ diseases, heart failure, diabetes, neurologic disorders, psychiatric disorders, oral and other cancers
- Bridges for the replacement of one or more teeth
- Deep cleanings
- Dentures and partials
- Minor oral surgery
- Oral health education
- Preoperative comprehensive exam
- Routine cleanings, fillings, X-rays and basic dental care
- Streamlined referrals to oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Treatment of gum disease
- Treatment of mouth and dental injuries
- Whitening, or bleaching
If you are enrolled in a managed care plan, your treatment at The University of Kansas Health System may be covered by insurance. Call your health insurance company to see if your plan covers our dentistry services.
Convenient payments with CommerceCare™
Commerce Bank has partnered with The University of Kansas Health System to bring you CommerceCare™, a fast, flexible and patient-friendly extended financing solution. With CommerceCare™, you can get many of the elective care services you want now and pay over time. CommerceCare™ offers two convenient plans so you can choose the option that works best for you.
Preparing for radiation therapy?
Our dentistry team will work with your radiation oncology team to help you prepare for therapy and ensure the best possible health for your teeth after treatment. Services include:
- Comprehensive exam, including X-rays
- Removal of all decay, infection and problem teeth
- A treatment plan tailored to your diagnosis and treatment
- Custom fluoride prescription and trays for long-term use
Radiation treatment puts you at risk for osteoradionecrosis, which can make healing after future dental procedures difficult or impossible. Our services will greatly decrease your chance of developing this condition.
Find a doctor
Doctors at The University of Kansas Health System are care providers and researchers at the forefront of new medical discoveries. From primary care to complex conditions, we offer hundreds of specialists.