Our Facial Plastic Surgeons
When you make the decision to have facial plastic surgery, your results can have a tremendously positive impact on your life. We strive to ensure that your experience exceeds your expectations.
At The University of Kansas Health System, our facial plastic surgeons focus on your individual goals and are closely involved at every stage of your experience. They take the time to educate you about the procedures you're interested in, answering all questions thoroughly so you can feel confident you’re making the choice that’s best for you.
We are now offering virtual consultations for surgical and nonsurgical services. Call 913-871-9785 to schedule.
Our facial plastic surgeons
Dr. J. David Kriet and Dr. Clinton D. Humphrey are double-board certified facial plastic surgeons at The University of Kansas Health System. Together, they make up the division of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery in the nationally recognized department of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery at the University of Kansas Medical Center. They are experts in cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery.
Dr. Kriet and Dr. Humphrey are authorities and lecturers in their field, constantly working to pioneer new procedures and educate other facial plastic surgeons. They are passionate researchers and have authored numerous scholarly articles in their efforts to improve surgical results and develop leading-edge techniques. Additionally, they serve as editors for leading academic journals, which keeps them up-to-date on the latest research that may improve their patients’ results.
Facial plastic surgeon J. David Kriet has improved the lives of countless men and women who have trusted him with their appearance. Since 1998, he has practiced in the University of Kansas department of otolaryngology as a professor, and as the director for the division of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Kriet has earned many awards and honors throughout his career and during his education and training. His medical education includes:
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine – medical degree
- University of Washington, Seattle – otolaryngology residency (head and neck surgery)
- Oregon Health and Sciences University – fellowship – facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons (sponsored by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)
Dr. J. David Kriet belongs to several prestigious organizations and has served on multiple local, regional and national committees, including:
- American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
Clinton D. Humphrey, MD, FACS, is a facial plastic surgeon and board-certified otolaryngologist/head and neck surgeon. He is currently an associate professor of facial plastic surgery at the University of Kansas Medical Center, and has given presentations at leading facial plastic surgery and otolaryngology meetings and symposiums all over the United States.
- University of Missouri – B.A. in Microbiology (summa cum laude)
- University of Missouri School of Medicine – M.D. (magna cum laude)
- University of Kansas Medical Center – residency in otolaryngology/head and neck surgery
- University of Illinois-Chicago Medical Center – fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
Memberships and certifications
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology
- American Medical Association
When you choose our practice for cosmetic surgery, you can be confident that you are in the hands of skilled and experienced professionals. Because our office is part of an academic health system, our doctors are experienced with many of the most innovative surgical techniques. They teach cosmetic surgery students, residents, other local area doctors and physicians from around the globe. Their understanding of the relationship between facial structure, form, function and aesthetics ensures you look and feel your best.
We offer a full spectrum of facial cosmetic surgery procedures and nonsurgical aesthetic services at our office. Our facial plastic surgeons combine artistry and skill to provide you with beautiful, natural-looking results.
Our facial plastic surgery team
Angelique Matz, LPN
Angelique has more than 22 years of nursing experience. She joined the facial plastic surgery team at the health system in 2013 and is a member of the Organization of Facial Plastic Surgery Assistants.
Jaclyn Frazee, LPN
Jackie joined the facial plastic surgery team in 2017. She graduated from the practical nursing program at Johnson County Community College and is certified in SkinPen® + Skinfuse®, Obagi® and laser treatments.