A pediatric cardiologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating children with heart disease. Our pediatric cardiologists in Prairie Village, Kansas, are at the forefront of groundbreaking research and the most innovative approaches to diagnosing and treating heart disease in children and adolescents.
Children may be born with heart defects or acquire defects as they grow. Our goal is to protect your child’s health and ability to take part in normal childhood activities.
Comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and management of cardiac conditions
The diagnosis of your child’s conditions will begin with a comprehensive evaluation, which may include:
- Blood tests
- Chest X-ray
After the evaluation and tests, your pediatric cardiologist will explain your child's heart condition and any needed follow-up steps. These could include:
- Cardiac catheterization procedure referrals
- Limits on diet or exercise
- Regular checkups
- Surgical referral
We can also provide a complete complement of support services, if needed. For example, this might include:
- Nutrition services to help with your child’s diet
- Social services to help you and your family with home care, financial concerns, insurance concerns and more
- Psychological services to help you or your child deal with the emotional aspects of the illness
- Support and education groups so that you can talk with others who are undergoing similar experiences
- Wellness programs designed to help you modify your lifestyle and improve your child’s cardiac health
A team of caring, committed specialists
It is not unusual for heart problems to be connected to other health issues. As an academic medical center, you will find we are dedicated to clinical excellence. Your child will receive comprehensive, compassionate care that is coordinated across specialties and between physicians, staff and the hospital.
Your team will help you manage your child’s condition through consultation, diagnosis, treatment and disease management.
We have particular expertise in cardiac rhythm abnormalities and pediatric electrophysiology. We also offer a wide range of consultative services, including interpretation of outside pediatric ECGs and echocardiograms and long distance telecardiology.