Pediatric Critical Care
If your child is experiencing a life-threatening critical condition, such as a severe infection or serious injuries from an accident, you want the highest level of care available. Our pediatric critical care services provide state-of-the-art care for children and adolescents with life-threatening illnesses and injuries. In fact, other community hospitals throughout Kansas and Missouri often transfer their sickest children here.
Pediatric critical care is staffed by board-certified pediatric intensivists, trainees and highly skilled pediatric nurses. The six-bed unit is available 24 hours a day and serves approximately 600 patients a year. In addition, our physicians provide procedure sedation for inpatient and outpatient services.
We use a family-centered and multidisciplinary approach that not only provides efficient, cost-effective care, but also results in better clinical outcomes overall and greater success in treating patients.
Some of the services available include:
- Level I Pediatric Burn Center
- Level I Trauma service (ages 14 and up)
- Pediatric surgery
- Pediatric neurosurgery service
- Pediatric otolaryngology, ear, nose and throat service
- Plastic surgery and craniofacial disorders
- Vascular surgery service
Special services and featured programs
- Conventional/high frequency ventilation
- CRRT, or continuous renal replacement therapy
- Family-oriented psychosocial support
- Family visitation
- Nitric oxide
- Palliative care consultation
- Pediatric behavioral service
- Procedural sedation (inpatient and outpatient) service
- State-of-the-art invasive hemodynamic monitoring
- Telephone consultation (always available)