Requesting your results can vary based on the format you need in order to receive them.
- Digital and film image access
- The Radiology Imaging Center, or RIC, is happy to provide you with images from your exams for follow-up care, insurance purposes or your own use.
- Images on CD
- Most of the original images we make are digital, so there is no film. We'll put your digital images, including a viewer, on a compact disk, or CD. You or your physician can view your images on any PC computer running Windows 98 to Windows 8. All image disks contain your results, if available, unless you request that they not be included. Some original images are available only on film. You can borrow films for up to 30 days.
- CD Charges
- There is no charge for CDs unless needed for legal purposes. After you submit your request for images, please allow us at least 24 hours to have your CD ready for pickup. You can contact our main office at 913-588-6812.
Request for importing outside images
Outside images are those that were provided by anyone other than The University of Kansas Hospital or The University of Kansas Cancer Center.
Physicians or physician's offices that need outside images uploaded to our PACS system should complete the form, then send it along with the CD to one of our four locations, or interoffice mail the CD and form to the attention of Radiology Imaging Center at Mailstop 4032.
Release authorization form
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, regulations require that you complete a release authorization form before we can provide your images and information to other health care providers.
You can complete the form on your computer and print it. Sign the printed copy. If you are requesting original films, we will ask for additional information about your health care provider.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read these publications. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, you can click the icon to download it for free from Adobe.
Please mail, bring or fax your signed, completed release authorization form to us.
Mail requests to the appropriate address
The University of Kansas Hospital RIC
3901 Rainbow Blvd., 2360 Bell
Kansas City, KS 66160
Phone – 913-588-6812
Fax – 913-588-6899
Office hours – Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
The University of Kansas Physicians Orthopedics and Medical Pavilion RIC
2000 Olathe Blvd., Suite 2C
Kansas City, KS 66160
Phone – 913-945-8034
Fax – 913-945-8050
Office hours – Monday through Friday: 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Sat/Sun 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
2650 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Suite 101
Westwood, KS 66205
Phone – 913-588-6123
Fax – 913-588-3440
Office hours – Monday through Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Indian Creek RIC
10720 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
Phone – 913-574-1346
Office hours – Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
E-mail your request
You can also e-mail your request for radiology exam images to RIC@kumc.edu. You'll still need to submit a completed authorization form. Please include the following, but do not include your social security number:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Date of your exam
- Type of exam
- Examining physician's name (only if they need to be mailed to that physician)
- Address of the patient or physician
Physicians: Request for importing or printing outside images
Physicians or physicians' offices that need outside images – those provided by any facility other than The University of Kansas Hospital or The University of Kansas Cancer Center – uploaded to our PACS system should:
- Fill out this form
- Bring the form and CD to one of our four locations above or
- Interoffice the form and CD to Mailstop 4032, Attention: Radiology Imaging Center