Refractory Migraine Surgery
What is migraine surgery?
Risks and safety
The risks of migraine surgery include:
- Contour deformities
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which occurs when a blood clot forms in a vein
- Facial asymmetry
- Permanent numbness or changes in skin sensation
- Persistent headaches
- Pulmonary embolism (PE), a blockage in one of the pulmonary arteries in your lungs
- Risks associated with anesthesia
Recovery after surgery
The overall cost of migraine surgery varies, with an average total cost between $5,000-$15,000. This includes facility, surgeon and anesthesia fees, as well as other associated costs. Depending on your health insurance, the surgery may be partially or fully covered.
Learn more about plastic surgery at The University of Kansas Health System.
Accepting New Patients
Ryan D EndressPlastic SurgeryLocations:
- The University of Kansas Hospital
- 4000 Cambridge Street
- Kansas City, KS 66160
- Plastic Surgery
- Hand Surgery