Physician Relations Team
Our physician relations team members promote positive relationships among The University of Kansas Health System, community physicians, hospitals and staff. They serve as a direct personal contact to foster efficient, reliable and accurate support to healthcare providers throughout the region.
If you are interested in referring a patient to The University of Kansas Health System, or to consult with a physician in any department, please call 913-588-5862 or toll-free 877-588-5862. Our physicians are also available for consultation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About the physician relations team
The physician relations team at The University of Kansas Health System identifies opportunities to better serve community physicians in the greater Kansas City region. Each representative serves as a single point of communication for physician practices and community hospitals, providing information on new services, programs, specialty services or important changes within The University of Kansas Health System network. The team is also available for:
- Assisting with problem resolution, customer service support and service recovery
- Formulating strategies and implementing programs to educate, build and enhance relationships with physicians and community hospitals
- Participating in physician-related organizational planning and marketing efforts
The physician relations team strives to create relationships that will bring value to physicians. We welcome your request for a visit anytime.
The physician relations team provides support for you, your staff and patients. This includes:
- Information on specialized programs and services for your patients
- Assistance in securing timely patient referrals with the appropriate specialists
- Meeting coordination between you and our specialists
- Information on managed care and accepted insurance plans
- Problem resolution between you and our hospital
- Information on continuing medical education
- Information on current clinical research trials
Meet our team
Learn more about the physician relations team and how to contact them.
Janet McKee, RN, BSN