Looking to change things up for your next pizza party? Try our almond flour pizza.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. dried Italian herbs
- Sautéed mushrooms, peppers and onions
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. sliced organic mushrooms
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped or diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- Salt and Italian herbs, to taste
- Herbed chicken sausage (uncooked that crumbles)
- Lemon parsley pesto
- Pizza sauce (review ingredient label to ensure no added sugar/artificial sweeteners)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place ingredients in a medium to large bowl, and mix thoroughly with fork.
- Wet hands and press onto parchment paper on cookie sheet (to ease cleanup). Leave crust somewhat thick (about ¼-inch thick). Press into desired shape.
- Before adding topping, bake crust until golden for 10-12 minutes.
Sautéed mushrooms, peppers and onions
- In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add olive oil, vegetables, herbs and salt and sauté until soft.
Herbed chicken sausage
- Remove sausage from casing by squeezing into a bowl or empty skillet. Over medium heat, cook sausage until thoroughly cooked and crumbled.
- After crust has been baked until lightly golden brown, remove from oven.
- Top crust as desired with pizza sauce or pesto and veggies and/or chicken sausage topping.