Enjoy this simple, satisfying and refreshing recipe for Apple Walnut Carrot Salad.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. 100% orange juice, apple juice or other fruit juice
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey, blue agave or pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp.-1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil*
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 small to medium apples
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
- Extra ⅛ tsp. salt to taste
- 1 bunch spinach or 2 handfuls of mixed greens*
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Shred apples over mixed dressing to prevent browning, add remaining carrots, mint, raisins and optional salt. Toss and serve immediately.
Quick kitchen tips
- Double the dressing recipe and serve the mixture over a bunch of mixed greens or fresh spinach to turn it into a nice green salad.
- Shred carrots with a grater, in a food processor or purchase pre-shredded carrots.
- Choose a bowl with a lid for easy storage and minimal cleanup.