The perfect side for your summertime barbecues using fresh ingredients.
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned of silk
- 1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With water, wash and drain all fresh produce. If tomatoes are large, cut in half.
- Cut the corn kernels off the corncob. Place the flat end of the cob on the cutting board. Hold the corncob upright and cut straight down using a chef's knife.
- Roughly chop cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
- Add chopped cucumber, red or green bell pepper and/or green beans
- If you like spicy food, add a dash of cayenne pepper or 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- Substitute basil, mint and/or parsley for cilantro
- Add 1 can of rinsed garbanzo, white and/or black beans