Our physicians offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for patients with cancer, severe burns, head and spinal cord injuries, end-stage liver disease and other general medical conditions.
Since 1905, The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City, Kansas, has provided leading-edge general psychiatry services for the state of Kansas and beyond.
Tom Shaw: Managing pain after spine surgery
After suffering a serious spine injury at age 16, Tom Shaw took prescription painkillers for more than 3 decades. Thanks to expert pain management care, today Tom lives opioid-free and is a changed man.Read Tom's story
We offer a variety of appointment types. Learn more or call 913-588-1227 to schedule now.
Diagnosis and treatment
We offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric and psychological disorders including:
- Addiction disorders
- Opioid-use disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Attention deficit disorder
- Evidence-based care and the region’s most comprehensive inpatient and outpatient treatments including:
- Board-certified psychiatric evaluations and management of complex patients
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation, a noninvasive procedure used to treat depression. It uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain.
- Vagus nerve stimulation for the treatment of epilepsy and depression.
- Esketamine spray to treat depression that has not responded to other treatment.
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Comprehensive care for patients struggling with depression
- Access to clinical trials
- Eating disorders
- Binge-eating disorder
- Mood disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Personality disorders
- Thought disorders
- Delusional disorder
- Psychotic bipolar disorder
- Trauma adjustment disorders
- Posttraumatic stress disorder