Our physicians offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for patients with cancer, severe burns, head and spinal cord injuries, end-stage liver disease and other general medical conditions.
Since 1905, The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City, Kansas, has provided leading-edge general psychiatry services for the state of Kansas and beyond.
Tom Shaw: Managing pain after spine surgery
Diagnosis and treatment
We offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric and psychological disorders including:
- Addiction disorders
- Opioid-use disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Attention deficit disorder
- Evidence-based care and the region’s most comprehensive inpatient and outpatient treatments including:
- Board-certified psychiatric evaluations and management of complex patients
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), a noninvasive procedure used to treat depression. It uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain.
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) for the treatment of epilepsy and depression.
- Esketamine to treat depression that has not responded to other treatment.
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Comprehensive care for patients struggling with depression
- Access to clinical trials
- Eating disorders
- Binge eating disorder
- Mood disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Personality disorders
- Thought disorders
- Delusional disorder
- Psychotic bipolar disorder
- Trauma adjustment disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)