The general internal medicine physicians and advanced practice providers at The University of Kansas Health System offer leading-edge care. As one of only 18 nationally recognized Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) regions and an NCQA patient-centered medical home, patients have access to academic medicine primary care in a clinic-based outpatient setting.
We offer a variety of appointment types. Learn more or call 913-588-1227 to schedule now.
Comprehensive primary care
We know that primary care goes beyond your annual wellness exams. Our comprehensive care model includes board-certified physicians, advanced registered nurse practitioners, psychiatrists, psychologists, a pharmacist, a nutritionist, a social worker and dedicated nurses. Our clinical areas of focus include:
- Adult medicine
- Internal medicine
- Geriatric medicine
- General medicine
- Hospital medicine
- Primary care
- Wellness/preventive medicine
Internal medicine physicians may also specialize in other subspecialty areas, including dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology and more. Additional clinical subspecialty areas include:
- Cancer survivorship
- Geriatric medical disorders
- Medical complexity
- Memory care
- Pediatric transition of care
- Surgical evaluation
- Transgender medicine
- Weight management
We also offer:
- Diabetic retinopathy screenings
- Nutrition counseling
- Pharmacist medication management
- Psychology/behavioral health screenings
No additional office visit copay is required for these services.
Find a doctor
Doctors at The University of Kansas Health System are care providers and researchers at the forefront of new medical discoveries. From primary care to complex conditions, we offer hundreds of specialists.
Current patients can self-schedule care through MyChart. Don’t have a MyChart account? Sign up now to create one.
Why choose us
- As a patient-centered medical home, we seek to strengthen the physician-patient relationship with comprehensive, coordinated care. Our goal is to develop and maintain a long-term, healing relationship with each of our patients.
- For more than a decade, The University of Kansas Hospital has been recognized among the nation's best hospitals as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. This ongoing distinction underscores our position as the leading resource to serve the healthcare needs for people in Kansas City, the region and beyond.
- Our geriatric program provides skilled nursing facilities, assisted living communities and long-term care facilities. The advanced geriatric medicine team is made up of board-certified geriatric medicine physicians and nurse practitioners. The geriatric program ranks No. 23 among the nation’s top 50 in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals.
- The hospital medicine program offers evidence-based, inpatient care. Our highly trained hospitalists are dedicated to seeing patients in the hospital. They collaborate with other specialists to provide coordinated care during a patient’s hospital stay.
Leading research and clinical trials
As part of one of the nation's premier academic medical centers, our care providers are committed to research and scientific discovery through the University of Kansas Medical Center. We can often include our patients in potentially lifesaving clinical trials and treatment options not available anywhere else.