The general internal medicine physicians and advanced practice providers at The University of Kansas Health System offer leading-edge care. As one of only 18 nationally recognized Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) regions and an NCQA patient-centered medical home, patients have access to academic medicine primary care in a clinic-based outpatient setting.
Comprehensive primary care
We know that primary care goes beyond your annual wellness exams. Our comprehensive care model includes board-certified physicians, advanced registered nurse practitioners, psychiatrists, psychologists, a pharmacist, a nutritionist, a social worker and dedicated nurses. Our clinical areas of focus include:
- Adult medicine
- Internal medicine
- Geriatric medicine
- General medicine
- Hospital medicine
- Primary care
- Wellness/preventive medicine
Internal medicine physicians may also specialize in other subspecialty areas, including dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology and more. Additional clinical subspecialty areas include:
- Cancer survivorship
- Geriatric medical disorders
- Medical complexity
- Memory care
- Pediatric transition of care
- Surgical evaluation
- Transgender medicine
- Weight management
We also offer:
- Diabetic retinopathy screenings
- Nutrition counseling
- Pharmacist medication management
- Psychology/behavioral health screenings
No additional office visit copay is required for these services.
Are you a current patient? Schedule your next appointment through MyChart.
Why choose us
- As a patient-centered medical home, we seek to strengthen the physician-patient relationship with comprehensive, coordinated care. Our goal is to develop and maintain a long-term, healing relationship with each of our patients.
- For more than a decade, The University of Kansas Hospital has been recognized among the nation's best hospitals as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. This ongoing distinction underscores our position as the leading resource to serve the healthcare needs for people in Kansas City, the region and beyond.
- Our geriatric program provides skilled nursing facilities, assisted living communities and long-term care facilities. The advanced geriatric medicine team is made up of board-certified geriatric medicine physicians and nurse practitioners. The geriatric program ranks No. 23 among the nation’s top 50 in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals.
- The hospital medicine program offers evidence-based, inpatient care. Our highly trained hospitalists are dedicated to seeing patients in the hospital. They collaborate with other specialists to provide coordinated care during a patient’s hospital stay.
Doctors & Providers