This delicious and satisfying salad can be enjoyed as an entrée or shared with others.
- 6-8 cups thinly sliced greens (kale, collards, savoy cabbage, bok choy)
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 cup slivered almonds or other nut/seeds, lightly toasted*
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. coconut vinegar (or brown rice vinegar)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut aminos (or wheat-free tamari)
- 2-3 tsp. honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- Toss all salad ingredients into a large bowl if serving immediately. If you want to stretch the salad over a few days, place ingredients into separate containers and store in the fridge. Use what you would like for each serving.
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until combined. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.