January 08, 2018
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — New addresses are now assigned to some of the patient care buildings on The University of Kansas Hospital's main campus in Kansas City, Kansas.
The opening of the new Cambridge Tower A and its companion garage, plus the increasing use of GPS apps on phones, provide the opportunity to create more specific addresses for each building.
The previous address of 3901 Rainbow actually took visitors to the University of Kansas Medical Center part of the campus, where research and education is provided.
The University of Kansas Health System, the separately-governed patient care entity, has entry points in several different buildings across campus, which can lead to uncertainty for visitors – especially those from out of town. By having multiple addresses throughout the campus, patients will have an easier time getting to their destinations. The new addresses will also make it easier for patients and visitors who are using directional apps on their smartphones.
The new addresses are:
- The University of Kansas Hospital – 4000 Cambridge Street, Kansas City, KS 66160
- The University of Kansas Physicians Orthopedics and Medical Pavilion – 2000 Olathe Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160
- The University of Kansas Cancer Center Richard and Annette Bloch Radiation Oncology – 4001 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160
- Cambridge Tower A– 3825 Cambridge Street, Kansas City, KS 66160
- P5 parking garage – 3724 Cambridge Street, Kansas City, KS 66160
All buildings on the main campus share the zip code of 66160, which is used exclusively for the health system's main campus.