February 13, 2018
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Spiritual care staff at The University of Kansas Health System will be available to distribute ashes throughout the main campus on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 14.
The spiritual care department will observe Ash Wednesday in the following ways:
- Chaplains will be available in the front lobby of the main hospital from 6:45-7:15 a.m., and 6:45-7:15 p.m., to provide ashes to staff and visitors.
- Chaplains will be available to provide ashes for patients, family and staff on the various units at the main campus. If you're interested, ask your nurse to page the on-call chaplain.
- A Catholic Mass will be held at 12:15 p.m. in Spencer Chapel.
- An Interfaith Service will be held at 12:15 p.m. in Bell Sanctuary.
- Ashes will also be available at Bell Sanctuary from 2-5 p.m.