February 27, 2018
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Parking Garage 3, formerly known as Cambridge Garage, continues a major facelift that began in March 2018.
Crews began work on the 790-space garage in March 2018. Upon completion, patients and visitors will enjoy better lighting, refreshed parking spots and clearly visible ADA space indicators. The project is weather-dependent and will last approximately 2.5 years. The garage, which is due for a facelift, was originally built in 1979.
During the construction period:
- P3 parking will be dedicated for patients and their families parking only. Motorists will be screened when entering the garage.
- Any consultants, contractors and vendors who do business with the health system must park in Parking Garage 5 (P5) at 3724 Cambridge St.
- Concrete parking decks will be repaired, with approximately 350 parking spaces out of service for six months in the first phase of the project. Work will progress in phases from the top levels of the garage to the ground level. If P3 is full, additional parking is available in P2 (off of Olathe Boulevard) or P5.
- Workers will do their best to minimize noise, dust and disruptions.
- Public stairs will always be accessible and elevators will be operational.
- Other improvements will include new lighting, paint and wayfinding signage.
The renovations to P3 will extend the garage's life by at least 25 years.