March 07, 2022
Prairie Village, Kan. — The University of Kansas Health System now offers comprehensive pediatric ophthalmology at the Eye Center at 7400 State Line Road, Suite 100, in Prairie Village, Kansas.
Providers include pediatric eye doctor Emily Broxterman, MD, and orthoptist Tori Rausch, CO, with a pediatric optometrist expected to be added soon.
Expertise for comprehensive pediatric eye care includes surgical and clinical management of:
- Amblyopia, commonly referred to as lazy eye
- Chalazion, a swollen bump on the eyelid sometimes called a stye
- Eye muscle disorders
- Lacrimal system disorders, including nasolacrimal duct obstructions and other conditions
- Pediatric strabismus, in which both eyes do not line up in the same direction
- Retinopathy of prematurity, which affects the blood vessels in the eyes of children born prematurely
- Other complex eye conditions for children from birth to 21 years old
A national leader in eye and vision health for more than 100 years, the Eye Center provides the full spectrum of eye care services, including routine vision exams, surgical procedures for complex eye conditions, and an on-site optical shop.