October 16, 2023
The University of Kansas Health System has expanded dermatology access with the opening of a new location at Ridgeview Falls in Olathe, Kansas.
“We are not just expanding quality care, but also specialized care,” Adela Cardones, MD, clinical services chief for dermatology says. “We have people with the experience and expertise to meet the needs for complex dermatology.”
Dermatology at the health system is a nationally recognized dermatology program that offers innovative tests and treatments and comprehensive care. With the expansion to Ridgeview Falls, the dermatology physician team has grown along with the following specialized expertise:
- Autoimmune disease evaluation and treatment, including autoimmune blistering disease, cutaneous autoimmune disease and complex medical dermatology
- General dermatology
- Psoriasis treatment, including narrowband phototherapy and systemic biologic agents in coordinated treatment with other subspecialties
- Transplant dermatology, including extracorporeal photopheresis for graft-versus-host disease, as well as treatments for transplant-associated squamous cell carcinoma
- Skin cancer assessment, diagnosis and recommended treatment
- Supportive oncodermatology
- Aesthetic treatments, including Botox Cosmetic
As part of an academic medical center, we provide patients with access to the most advanced, evidence-based treatment options, as well as access to clinical trials.
“Aside from general dermatologic care, we also want to be able to offer specialty care to patients who have high-risk conditions and complex medical dermatological needs,” Dr. Cardones says. “We are trained for this level of care that allows us to diagnosis complex diseases and provide appropriate treatment that may include IV infusions and biologic and immunosuppressive therapy.”
Services are delivered by The University of Kansas Hospital, the No. 1 hospital in Kansas and in Kansas City as ranked by US News and World Report.
Ridgeview Falls is located at:
18200 W. 119th St.
Olathe, KS 66061
Free, ample parking is available at or near the front entrance. Appointments are offered 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. To schedule an appointment, call 913-588-1227, or request an appointment online.