Children and adolescents between the ages of 10 and 21 have unique healthcare needs. While we often refer to adolescents as young adults, medically speaking, they are not little adults. Nor are they simply big children.
Our team of specialists, which includes a board-certified adolescent medicine physician, understands the changing physical, developmental and psychosocial needs of young people in this age range.
Comprehensive adolescent services
- Allergy and clinical immunology care
- Contraception counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Otolaryngology (Ear, nose and throat) care
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology care
- Referrals to the region’s leading subspecialties
- Routine well-child exams
- Same-day sick child appointments (for established patients)
- School and sports physicals
- Treatment for common illnesses
- Transition of care from pediatric to adult specialists
- Weight management
- Youth sports medicine
- And more
We offer a variety of appointment types. Learn more or call 913-588-1227 to schedule now.
As part of an academic medical center, we offer the most up-to-date, evidence-based care. We also support a high level of investigative research, including the opportunity to participate in clinical research or pharmaceutical trials. Learn more about pediatrics at the University of Kansas Medical Center.