At The University of Kansas Hospital Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Unit, we offer comprehensive and intensive programs for patients who need rehabilitation therapy and nursing care in the Kansas City area. Our goal is to increase independence and speed recovery so our patients can continue to live healthy and productive lives.
To speak with us regarding admissions or to schedule a tour, call 913-588-1227. You can also take a virtual tour of our acute inpatient rehabilitation facility in Kansas City.
The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City offers inpatient acute rehabilitation services throughout the region and beyond.
Our 27,800 square-foot, state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility offers extensive inpatient rehabilitation therapy, including:
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation physician oversight with daily physician rounding
- Specialty-trained 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care
- Consults from specialty medical staff from the hospital
- Physical, occupational and speech language pathology programs
- Dietitian and clinical nutrition services
Our comfortable amenities are designed to accommodate our patients' needs and optimize their recovery. They include:
- 29 upscale patient rooms
- Private, wheelchair-accessible showers in each room
- A large, inviting visitor lounge with comfortable seating and a fireplace
- A homelike patient dining room, where patients can enjoy the company of others
- A fully equipped rehabilitation gym and therapeutic kitchen and laundry room
- Transitional apartments that allow patients the opportunity to practice independent living skills before returning home
- A rooftop terrace for outdoor rehabilitation
Our specially trained rehabilitation team works together to develop an individualized care plan for each patient with input from neurologists, neurosurgeons, cardiologists, orthopedic surgeons and other specialists using the latest technology. This results in the best outcomes and the fastest recovery for each patient.
Upon completion of the inpatient rehabilitation program, most people are able to perform day-to-day tasks and can return home. Regionally and nationally, our program continues to discharge more patients to their homes than to other facilities.
The support of family and friends is important for patients' recovery and well-being. Visitors may attend therapy sessions with patients. Family and caregivers are encouraged to participate in treatment and therapy sessions to learn more about their loved one's care routine.
Patient discharge information
When you have completed your rehabilitation program, we will coordinate your discharge from the hospital. Here's what you can expect from our team:
- We will arrange for any follow-up care and equipment you may need.
- We will help make arrangements to provide any additional resources you may need.
- We will address any concerns or questions you may have as you prepare to leave.