Start your day off with an easy and delicious way to add tannins – and their range of health benefits – to your diet with our Almond Joy Coffee.
- 3 cups coffee, strongly brewed
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp. coconut extract, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp. sweetened coconut, toasted
- Brew coffee and keep warm. Heat the almond milk over low to medium heat until it simmers – don't let it boil over.
- Melt the almond butter and honey in the warming milk. Whisk in cocoa powder until dissolved.
- Divide the hot water between 4 coffee mugs, warming the mugs.
- Place the coffee, warm milk mixture and coconut extract in a blender, mixing until frothy.
- Remove the hot water from the mugs, dividing the coffee evenly.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 170.3 calories | 7.8g fat | 2.3g protein | 24.5g carbohydrate | 1.7g dietary fiber | 7.5g sodium | 22.6g sugar