June 03, 2020
If you’ve been having trouble sleeping recently, you are not alone. Our sleep medicine expert shares 5 tips to help you improve your quality of sleep during this uncertain time.
- Avoid watching stressful news in the evening.
- Do something that brings you happiness during the day and focus on those thoughts.
- Do not use alcohol as a sleep aid. It will cause your sleep to be interrupted once the alcohol has left your system.
- If you’re feeling tense while trying to fall asleep, try deep breathing or meditation. There are many apps and YouTube videos you can use as a reference for these exercises.
- Keep a consistent sleep schedule and get plenty of bright light throughout the day.
Get better sleep
Losing sleep over an extended period of time can be detrimental to your health. If you’ve tried the tips recommended above and you’re still tossing and turning, we encourage you to work with a doctor to find options that might work best for you.