February 11, 2021
Kansas City, Kan. — When patients next log in to The University of Kansas Health System’s MyChart patient portal, they’ll see a new look designed to improve speed, convenience and ease of use. The tool received a visual refresh to make it easier than ever to manage health functions like scheduling appointments, messaging care providers, refilling prescriptions, paying bills and much more.
Among the helpful enhancements in MyChart’s new look is a prominent Menu button. Upon clicking it, a drop-down list of logically organized, frequently used functions unfolds. There is also a new search bar, allowing users to type in and search for any keywords of interest.
The new look also applies to the smartphone MyChart app, which will now more closely mirror the desktop version in functionality. Those who don’t already use the app can visit the App Store or Google Play to download it and carry the power of MyChart on the go.
In addition to the redesign, this MyChart update features:
- Ability to upload images of insurance cards, front and back, up to 7 days before scheduled appointments during the visit preparation process.
- Additional specialties offering self-scheduling options for follow-up appointments.
- Handy home page shortcuts to common activities and an actionable list of personalized to-dos.
- Inclusion of provider photos in conjunction with scheduling, messaging and documentation functions. Put a face to the name!
- Increased appointment notifications – now for new appointments, canceled appointments and rescheduled/changed appointments.
- “Remind Me Later” feature to hit snooze on care reminders for temporary dismissal.
- Streamlined MyChart activation, making it easier than ever to sign up and begin using new MyChart accounts.
Don’t have a MyChart account? Sign up now to create one.