Comprehensive Patient Information
At The University of Kansas Health System, your comfort is important. It's also important that you have access to timely and accurate information. Our patient information guide will help you find answers so you can be prepared for a hospital stay or a doctor's appointment.
Tobacco use on campus
Need billing information?
Find information about your bill, including payment options and frequently asked questions.
Download the MyChart mobile app and access your electronic medical records from anywhere.
Get a second opinion
A second opinion offers peace of mind about your diagnosis and treatment plan, and it's covered by most insurance.
What to expect for your hospital stay
From admission to discharge, everything you'll need to know about your hospital stay.
How to make an appointment
We are here to help make it easy to schedule an appointment at our health system.
Advanced care planning
Make legally valid decisions about your treatment in case you can't communicate them yourself.
How are we doing? Call Patient Relations to let us know.
Conveniences on our main campus
- ATM: ATMs are located near the main hospital cafeteria and in the lobby of the Orthopedics and Medical Pavilion.
- Hair and nail salon: Open to patients and visitors, Salon Rx is located across from the cafeteria on the main hospital's ground floor. To make an appointment or ask about in-room services, call 913-588-2518. Salon hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, or by request.
- Internet services: Wireless internet services are available throughout our main campus. Use the wireless connection labeled "Internet."
- Interpreter services: Professional interpreters are available in person or over the phone to help patients who use sign language or speak a language other than English. Arrangements for this service may be made through nurses or physicians.
- Newspapers: Machines are in the main hospital lobby.
- Notary public: Free notary services are available weekdays in Admissions (913-588-5807), off the hospital's main lobby, and in Patient Relations (913-588-1290), near the hospital's main entrance.
- Pharmacy: Our pharmacy locations fill prescriptions and offer over-the-counter medications. Be sure to fill your prescriptions before you leave.
- Cambridge Tower A
- Level 1: 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Main hospital lobby
- Weekdays: 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Weekends: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Holidays: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (except Christmas and New Year's Day)
- Cambridge Tower A
- Public restrooms: On our main campus, bathrooms are located on each floor of the main hospital, Center for Advanced Heart Care, Orthopedics and Medical Pavilion and Cambridge Tower A. For the health of our patients, visitors should not use patient bathrooms.