At the Marc A. Asher, MD, Comprehensive Spine Center at The University of Kansas Health System, our highly trained spine experts treat everything from back pain and sports injuries to tumors and spinal defects. As part of an academic medical center, we offer the most comprehensive spine care for adults and children. Our physicians from multiple specialties collaborate to provide the tests, procedures and rehabilitative therapy you need in 1 facility.
About our spine care center
Specialists at the Marc A. Asher, MD, Comprehensive Spine Center use the latest research to treat a range of complex conditions, including:
- Arthritis in the neck and back
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
- Spinal conditions such as kyphosis and scoliosis
- Spinal infection
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal trauma, sprains and strains
- Spinal tumors
- Work-related or sports-related spine injuries
Why choose us for spine care
- Collaboration between doctors, surgeons and other specialists means a comprehensive care effort that benefits you.
- Our surgeons and spine specialists have completed training above and beyond what is typically required. They have been recruited from the top healthcare facilities around the country.
- We have the entire spectrum of pain management options available to you at the Marc A. Asher, MD, Comprehensive Spine Center.
- We incorporate the latest research in surgical procedures, therapies and implants into our everyday treatments.
- We see some of the most complex cases. As a result, we have extensive experience in treating all levels of trauma to the spine.
- You can receive most of the tests, imaging, procedures and rehabilitation therapy you need in 1 facility.
Spine care services
We offer a variety of spine care services, including back surgery, bracing and neck surgery. We also offer:
Find a doctor
Doctors at The University of Kansas Health System are care providers and researchers at the forefront of new medical discoveries. From primary care to complex conditions, we offer hundreds of specialists.