Patient and Family Advisory Council
If you are a patient or a family member of a patient of The University of Kansas Health System, you may have the opportunity to help us advance the power of medicine. As a member of our Patient and Family Advisory Council, you become an advisor to our entire team, helping us enhance the quality and safety of our services, improve our communications and better understand the needs of the people we serve.
Council members include patients and family members who represent the diverse groups and communities we serve. The council also includes representatives from across the health system, including those who work in administration, patient support services, communications, facilities and others. As a member, you will work side by side with us, representing the voice of patients and families as we work toward making improvements.
What type of people serve on the Patient and Family Advisory Council?
We are looking for current patients or family members with the following qualities:
- Passion for enhancing the healthcare experience
- Desire to share your ideas about how we can improve our services
- Ability to respectfully listen and discuss with those who may have different opinions
- Ability to attend quarterly meetings (virtual connection available)
- Willingness to commit to at least 1 year of service on the council