2018 Nursing Annual Report: The Power of One
Every day across The University of Kansas Health System, our nurses create amazing first impressions with patients, families and co-workers. Care often begins with a nurse. To create safe, high-quality care for each patient, our nurses find the connection between their role and the person they are caring for. They help patients adjust to the care environment and provide a sense of comfort and security, which helps people heal.
Care then extends to the entire team. Teamwork is at the heart of everything we do. By working together and supporting one another, our team provides the best patient care and experience possible. Care also thrives in our health system's culture. Our engagement and retention for nurses in high because of the culture created and sustained by a large, cohesive team. It's a culture of collaboration, passion and humility – and it leads to exceptional care.
We are excited to share our accomplishments from the last year with you.
Fiscal year 2018 by the numbers
- More than 3,500 nurses on staff
- More than 1,000 nurses hold more than 1,200 national certifications
- 84% of direct-care nurses have BSN or higher degrees
- 100% of nursing leadership has BSN or higher degrees
- Nearly 200 nurses hold postgraduate or doctorate degrees
- More than 250 nurses earned nursing degrees