Our multidisciplinary team of health professionals is qualified to treat a broad range of emotional or interpersonal issues as well as mental health conditions that may affect quality of life. We offer a comprehensive range of services that includes evaluation and testing along with diagnosis, consultation and support on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
As an academic medical center, The University of Kansas Health System often participates in and has access to innovative treatments and approaches that may not be available elsewhere.
We offer a variety of appointment types. Learn more or call 913-588-1227 to schedule now.
Support for healthcare services
Our psychologists provide support for patients receiving the following care:
Evaluation and program support
Combining cancer care with psychological counseling
Child psychologists and pediatrics
Inpatient and outpatient support
Consultation and support
Outpatient psychology services
Outpatient psychology support
Cancer care program
Our psychologists provide compassionate and evidenced-based care to patients and caregivers at the NCI-designated The University of Kansas Cancer Center. We find combining cancer care with psychological counseling results in fewer symptoms, less frequent hospital stays and better communication with medical professionals and loved ones. Our team provides expert care in the following areas:
- Individual, couples and family therapy
- Health and behavior assessment and intervention
- Crisis consultation
- Distress screening
- Brief cognitive assessments
- Inpatient consultation and liaison services
- Pain management
We also work closely with the hematology, medical oncology and radiation oncology teams to provide the most holistic care possible. Learn more about emotional support through our onco-psychology program.
Neurorehabilitation psychology inpatient consult service
Our Inpatient Consult Service provides a wide range of short-term rehabilitation treatments for patients experiencing physical and cognitive difficulties. We provide evaluation and interventions to adults and adolescents ages 14 and older with diverse diagnoses, including:
- Brain tumor and other cancer diagnoses
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic and nontraumatic brain disease
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
The neurorehabilitation psychology team members provide expert care through:
- Evaluation and ongoing monitoring of mood and cognition
- Administration and interpretation of cognition screenings
- Feedback and education to patients, families and staff
- Brief psychological treatment (including CBT, relaxation training and supportive counseling)