Infertility is a common problem that affects about 1 in 10 couples in the United States. The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City offers all of today's most innovative treatments for infertility. Our comprehensive program includes a team of specialists that collaborate to provide you with advanced, complete and compassionate care.
What causes infertility?
Infertility can be caused by a number of factors, such as health problems, genetic defects, chronic conditions, infections or other issues. Understanding the cause of your infertility is critical for developing the best treatment plan for you.
Your testing and treatment options
There are many treatment options available for infertility. Options that may be appropriate in your situation will be presented by your physician. An overview of treatment options includes:
- Comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis
- Advanced genetic testing
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Preimplantation genetic screening
- General infertility treatments
- Ovulation induction
- Controlled ovarian stimulation
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Donor insemenation services
- Recurrent miscarriage treatment
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) and advanced reproductive medicine
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
- Blastocyst culture
- Embryo freezing
- Testicular sperm extraction
- Microscopic testicular sperm extraction
- Third-pary parenting
- Donor egg IVF
- Donor embryo
- Donor sperm
- Male infertility services
- Semen analysis
- Semen cryopreservation and storage
- Semen preparation for IUI and IVF
- Fertility preservation
- Egg freezing
- Sperm freezing
- Ovarian tissue freezing and transplantation
- Medical treatments for fertility preservation
Why choose The University of Kansas Health System
- We treat the most complex infertility cases. The University of Kansas Health System is the premier academic medical center in the Kansas City region, and the only one in Kansas. That means we treat the most challenging conditions, including those related to fertility.
- We offer the region's most comprehensive infertility services. We offer all of today's most modern advancements in infertility testing and treatment. We also provide additional services like our Mind/Body program to support you emotionally throughout your journey.
- We provide complete, personalized care for the whole person. We recognize that each person is unique and that fertility treatments should be individualized, comprehensive and compassionate. We provide care to those with unique situations or conditions, including same-sex couples, transgender patients, single parents and others. Our staff is also sensitive and accommodating to religious or cultural practices that may influence your treatment.
- Our reproductive medicine team includes a variety of specialists for comprehensive care. Our team of highly skilled, board-certified, fellowship-trained specialists bring you comprehensive healthcare with the latest breakthroughs in reproductive medicine.