Infertility is a common problem that affects about 1 in 10 couples in the United States. The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City offers all of today's most innovative treatments for infertility. Our comprehensive program includes a team of specialists that collaborates to provide you with advanced, complete and compassionate care.
What causes infertility?
Infertility can be caused by a number of factors, such as health problems, genetic defects, chronic conditions, infections or other issues. Understanding the cause of your infertility is critical for developing the best treatment plan for you.
Your testing and treatment options
There are many treatment options available for infertility. Your physician will present options that may be appropriate in your situation. Treatment options include
- Comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis
- Advanced genetic testing
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Preimplantation genetic screening
- General infertility treatments
- Controlled ovarian stimulation
- Donor insemination services
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Ovulation induction
- Recurrent miscarriage treatment
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) and advanced reproductive medicine
- Blastocyst culture
- Embryo freezing
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
- Microscopic testicular sperm extraction
- Testicular sperm extraction
- Third-party parenting
- Donor egg IVF
- Donor embryo
- Donor sperm
- Male infertility services
- Semen analysis
- Semen cryopreservation and storage
- Semen preparation for IUI and IVF
- Vasectomy reversal
- Fertility preservation
- Egg freezing
- Medical treatments for fertility preservation
- Ovarian tissue freezing and transplantation
- Sperm freezing
Why choose us
- We treat the most complex infertility cases. The University of Kansas Health System is part of the premier academic medical center in the region and the only one in Kansas. That means we treat the most challenging conditions, including those related to fertility.
- We offer the region's most comprehensive infertility services. We offer the latest advancements in infertility testing and treatment.
- We provide complete, personalized care for the whole person. We recognize that each person is unique and fertility treatments should be individualized, comprehensive and compassionate. We provide care to those with unique situations or conditions, including same-sex couples, transgender patients, single parents and others. Our staff is also sensitive and accommodating to religious or cultural practices that may influence your treatment.
- Our reproductive medicine team includes a variety of specialists for comprehensive care. Our team of highly skilled, board-certified, fellowship-trained specialists brings you comprehensive healthcare with the latest breakthroughs in reproductive medicine.