Joint Pain, Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
When you're in pain and need answers, our team of skilled and experienced physiatrists can help. We offer an aggressive, non-surgical approach to treating pain and injury.
A physiatrist is a physician who has been trained specifically to treat acute and chronic pain, as well as musculoskeletal disorders. Our patients may include people with:
- Back pain
- Hip, knee and ankle/foot pain
- Wrist, elbow, shoulder and hand pain
- Work or sports-related injuries
Expert care for rheumatoid arthritis
The University of Kansas Health System offers comprehensive care for rheumatoid arthritis. In addition to rheumatologists, our collaborative care team includes specialists who can treat joint problems as well as specialists who can address related conditions in other parts of the body.
Leading-edge treatment options
Compassionate effective diagnosis
What you can expect
We strive to begin treatment as soon as possible after your initial consult. Our main goal is to help you effectively manage your pain and improve function as much as possible. As part of your diagnosis and treatment, you can expect:
- A thorough conversation about the pain and symptoms you’re experiencing and your treatment history
- A physical exam
- The use and interpretation of diagnostic imaging
- Comprehensive non-surgical treatment (therapies, medicine and intervention)
- Efficient internal referrals to surgical services and all therapy types
Please contact us to set up your consultation and create your plan for long-term relief and comfort.