Hospital Visitor Guidelines
Our hospital visitor guidelines are designed with your health and safety in mind. These guidelines may vary based on a patient's condition and need for rest. They may also differ depending on which health system location you visit. If you have questions, your loved one's care team can provide you with specific information.
Guidelines for visiting the health system
Family and friends are important to a patient's recovery. Below you'll find our current visitor policy, including COVID-19-related restrictions. For additional updates related to COVID-19, see our health and safety protocols.
- Masks are required for all visitors.
- Guidelines for visitors may vary and are based on patients’ conditions and need for rest. Nurses can provide specific information.
- To protect our patients and staff, we ask that visitors who are ill not come to the hospital.
- Doors at the main hospital and Cambridge Tower A are locked each evening at 8 p.m. At that time, we ask visitors to leave so patients can rest. After 8 p.m., visitors may enter the main hospital through the security entrance, located at the first door north of the main entrance. You are able to walk through the hospital to reach Cambridge Tower A.
- Our nursing shift change is 7-7:30 a.m. and 7-7:30 p.m. We ask that family and friends not call for routine patient updates during this time so our nurses can focus on safety and continuity of care. We recognize your need for information and will gladly provide updates at other times.
Important phone numbers
Tobacco use on campus
For questions about our hospital visitor guidelines, call 913-588-5000.