Sports Medicine and Performance Center
Athletes of all ages and backgrounds improve their strength, speed, agility, balance and overall fitness while reducing their risk of injury.
Integrating therapy and training to provide all patients to their highest level of function.
Why choose us
The Sports Medicine and Performance Center offers:
- Fast access. Our goal is to see an athlete within the first 48 hours after an injury.
- The full range of care – from the first visit to diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and follow-up care. We offer a team of specialists, in addition to the physician who sees you on your first visit.
- The highest level of care for all athletes. The same doctors who care for the Kansas City Royals and The Kansas City Chiefs will see your 8-year-old soccer player.
- A team of highly trained doctors, surgeons and staff equipped to deal with the special needs and focus of athletes.
- Six convenient locations. The Sports Medicine and Performance Center has locations in Overland Park,Truman Sports Complex, Kansas City, Kansas, Shawnee and Lawrence Kansas.
- Programs designed and overseen by the health system's sports performance advisory board. Our team of sports medicine physicians, orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, certified strength and conditioning specialists athletic trainers and fitness professionals help athletes improve their performance in a safe, effective manner.
Doctors & Providers
Caring for professionals – and you
Our sports medicine and performance physicians and care providers are at the forefront of keeping professional athletes healthy. This means that serious and recreational athletes – including youth, high school, college and adult – receive the same high quality care the professionals receive.
The University of Kansas Health System is the official healthcare provider of:
Partnerships with schools
It’s essential to keep young athletes as healthy as possible. Our sports medicine experts team up with schools in the Kansas City region to treat their athletes. The Sports Medicine and Performance Center provides full-time certified athletic trainers to our partner schools. Student-athletes receive injury care and management with direct access to our physicians and other sports medicine experts.
The University of Kansas Health System is the sports medicine and athletic training provider for:
- Blue Valley School District
- De Soto School District
- Lansing School District
- Shawnee Mission School District