Visitor and Family Guide
At The University of Kansas Health System, we want to make sure our visitors and guests feel relaxed, informed and safe. This guide offers important information about our main campus. We hope you find it helpful during your visit.
Amenities on our main campus
ATMs are located near Bell Café and in the lobby of the Medical Pavilion.
Charging stands for electronic devices can be found in the main hospital, on the 1st floor inside the Center for Transplantation, heart center Levels 2 and 3 and Cambridge Tower A Levels 1, 3 and 5.
Wireless internet services are available throughout our main campus. Use the wireless connection labeled Internet.
Professional interpreters are available in person or over the phone to help patients who use sign language or speak a language other than English. Arrangements for this service may be made through nurses or physicians.
Machines are in the main hospital lobby.
Our pharmacy locations fill prescriptions and offer over-the-counter medications. Be sure to fill your prescriptions before you leave.
- Cambridge Tower A, Level 1
- Weekdays: 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Weekends: Closed
- Holidays: Closed
- Main hospital lobby
- Weekdays: 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Weekends: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Holidays: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (except Christmas and New Year's Day)
On our main campus, bathrooms are located on each floor of the main hospital, Center for Advanced Heart Care, Medical Pavilion and Cambridge Tower A. For the health of our patients, visitors should not use patient bathrooms.
Tobacco use on campus
Spiritual care services
Learn about specific diseases and treatments at our educational centers. Resources include brochures, books, videos and internet access. Trained staff will answer questions and offer support.
- Cancer care: Patient and Family Resource Center, on the hospital’s 4th floor, and Brandmeyer Patient Resource Center, in the hospital’s Richard and Annette Bloch Radiation Oncology Pavilion, and in the Richard and Annette Bloch Cancer Care Pavilion, Westwood Campus.
- Heart care: White Heart Learning and Resource Center, on the 2nd floor of the Center for Advanced Heart Care
- Spine care: George Varghese, MD, Spine Learning and Resource Center, in the Marc A. Asher, MD, Comprehensive Spine Center on the hospital’s ground floor